The season for doing underwater photography in an outdoor pool in Seattle is rather short. As a result, I’m somewhat limited to how many individual sessions I can sanely schedule during the summer and every year I have many more people wanting to do shoots than I can possibly schedule.
So this year I came up with an idea: Instead of trying to schedule everyone individually, I booked two free-for-all days where I invited models to come by for a few minutes or a couple hours. I modestly called the event Underwater Photopalooza 2013 and waited to see who would show up.
In short, Photopalooza was a blast! My friend John Cornicello was also along to do some shooting, thereby ensuring that neither of us would have to shoot for four hours straight. Altogether there were eight different models, of whom I shot six:
- Jesse Bell-Jones, returning from her 2010 rope shoot
- Whisper, making her third underwater appearance
- Sara, returning from last year
- The Luminous Pariah, my first male underwater model
- Milost, in her first ever photo shoot
- Randi Rascal, who I can’t believe I’ve never shot before
You can find all of these wonderful people in the 2013 gallery. Enjoy!